Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Doozie Of An Update On My 8 Month Roly Poly!

Alexis is 8 months now! I feel like I haven't blogged forever. I guess I have blogged recently but not really about anything "substantial" it feels like. I know that I have been meaning to write a lot about what Alexis has been up to lately, I've just been really busy working a lot and Alexis has been keeping me busy too :)

So about 2 weeks or so ago Alexis went from rolling over every once in a while to rolling over all the time and all over the place! She is like a roly poly, she's in one place one moment and then another the next. I love that she's moving around so much but at the same time it makes me sad because that just means that she's growing up and soon she's going to be crawling too; which she is doing a little of, but not enough for me to document it as "real" crawling, just yet. Also I think I already mentioned on here that on Christmas we discovered that her 2 front teeth had started coming in. She is sooooo cute with her two little teeth. For now it looks like she doesn't have any of her other teeth coming in but I've heard that more teeth should be soon to follow, once the two front ones come in. She's growing up so fast.

Aside from rolling and her teeth coming in Alexis has also been a blabbermouth for the past 3 weeks. It sounds like she's saying "mama" when she's crying and wanting me to pick her up, but I can't be sure that she's not just mumbling random noises that seem to sound like "mama", so I'm not counting that as her first word yet. Alexis likes to be alone in silence sometimes, so I'll put her in the bedroom and have the baby monitor on in the living room and I can hear her talking away, having little conversations with herself it's sooooo cute; I wish I knew what she was trying to say to herself.

Alexis loves smiling, she is such a happy girl. For months now I've been calling her "Chica" and every time I say it she shakes and smiles, she loves it. Alexis loves to be tickled and giggles so much; She seriously has the cutest giggle ever! I love love love what a sweetheart she is to me. Last week she was having a rough morning with Derek at home so he went on Facebook and looked at pictures of me with her and she calmed down right away, stuff like that just warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes :) I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful little girl love me that much. Also, I have a picture of Alexis as my screensaver and background on my iPhone and I show it to her from time to time and she just smiles at herself (of course she doesn't recognize herself yet but I think it's so funny that she smiles at a picture of herself).

We've been feeding Alexis solids for the past 3 weeks and she is so good with it. We started her off on veggies first. So far we've only had her try 4 veggies: Squash, Peas, Carrots, and Green Beans. I really really want to make my own baby food but I haven't gone out and bought a baby bullet or anything like that yet, hopefully I can get one of those and start giving her other vegetables to try. Now that we got the veggies out of the way, we've started on fruits, after we're done having her try all the fruits, then we are going to mix the veggies and fruits. I'm thinking we will do a fruit in the morning and evening and do veggies through out the day, so she's eating mostly veggies. So far she's starting on one fruit, we decided to start her off with bananas. So far I think Alexis likes the bananas, maybe not her favorite but she doesn't hate them. I think out of all the veggies, carrots are definitely her favorite so far.

Alexis is fitting into her 6 month clothing pretty good; It's still a little big on her but her 3 month clothing were a little too tight. I really need to go shopping for some new clothes for her and I really want to buy her new bottles and move up to the 6oz bottles, I think she's ready for it.

So I still have not been able to bring myself to cut her hair. It's getting really long but now her "bangs" seem to be easier to sweep to the side but I know she still needs a haircut, I'm in need of one too, so I'm thinking when I go in to get mine I'll just have them cut her hair too.

Now that she's 8 months I am really getting into [1st] Birthday-Party-Planning-Mode! I will update more on that later.

P.S. I really really really want this diaper bag! [In any one of these designs.]


Not that I don't love my Coach diaper bag(thanks Mags and Debbie) but I really want one that is more zoo/park/activity friendly. I love the Coach bag for going out to dinner or the the mall/store but I would hate to ruin it by taking it out to the zoo or something like that.

P.S.S. My older brother and his girlfriend are expecting a baby sometime in July :) My brother and I weren't speaking for some time but we've since both apologized and are on good terms now. I am excited for Alexis to have a little cousin. I think it would be cute for them to have a little boy :)) but of course would love a little girl playmate for Alexis. Regardless of what it is I am going to be the best aunt ever :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment