Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Baby Is Turning Two In 9 Days!

I cannot believe Lexi is going to be 2! It feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time. I am so excited for her birthday. I am excited to see my family :) I cannot wait to see her in her birthday outfit. My little princess is going to love it.

In the mean time not much has been happening, just working a lot. Alexis is loving her daycare so that's always good. Derek is working a lot and he seems to be enjoying his job. We got to see Holly a couple of weeks ago :) it was nice seeing her since it had been a while. Lexi really missed her auntie. Derek and I are both excited for her to move out to Utah after graduation so we can spend more time with her :)

The last week Alexis had been throwing up in the middle of the night; It happened 3 nights in a row. I felt so bad for her :( She hasn't done it for a couple of nights so I'm hoping it's passed. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last post but the first week Lexi was at her new daycare she had 2 incidents. One of the days I picked her up she had some scratches on her cheek and they said they're not sure exactly what happened but it happened while she was playing. Well I took her home and cut her nails just in case she had just scratched herself. Well the very next day I pick her up and she had the same kind of scratches on her other cheek. Turns out she was playing with a doll and this boy wanted it and he tried to take it from her and he scratched her! I was pretty pissed, this had never happened at her other daycare, and even though I like this one better it was pretty upsetting. I told the teacher in the class that they need to keep an eye on her so it doesn't happen again. I put some Neosporin on her scratches and it's all better now. I guess the older she is getting the more accidents she will undoubtedly have.

On Saturday Lexi was trying to stand on one of her toys and it slipped out from under her and she fell on her face pretty much; She had a bloody nose, a fat lip, and a scratch on her chin :( Poor baby cried so bad but we gave her some Tylenol and stopped her nosebleed. She doesn't seem to mind the bruised lip; Her scratch on her chin is still pretty red but I'm sure it will go away.

I've been meaning to share that I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks :) I know it doesn't sound like much but to me it is. Last week I lost 4 pounds and this week a little over 1. I was hoping I'd lost another four but I had like 3 "cheat" dinners and was not able to work out really at all this week. I have been eating Progresso Light soups for lunch and for snacks at work I've been eating carrots and apples and drinking lots of water. The soups are like 180 calories so it's helping a lot. I am hoping for another 4 pounds this week :)

I always want to write more but I am tired and don't have much to say but I am sure on my next post I will.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment