Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's The Final Push. The 3rd Trimester!

I can't believe we are already into March, almost to the ides of March actually. It feels like 2011 just started but we're already a 4th of the way through, crazy. We just had Day Light Savings and it makes me happy because that means the days are getting longer which means my birthday is getting close. It's not so much my birthday I'm looking forward to as much as the fact that my birthday and my baby's birthday will be in the same month, and therefore the closer to my birthday we are the closer we are to baby's birth date :)

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the next coming months, specifically June, for lots of reasons of course. Since leaving law school and moving back to Northern California (I guess that might be confusing I haven't lived in Northern California for 3 years but it feels like I was just here, so essentially I'm coming back) I'm excited to be here, parts of me want to be back in Southern California, not just because that is my home but because my dream was always to come back to Southern California and start my family and career living in beautiful Orange County, for now though that doesn't seem to be the plan. Truth be told though I'm not to disappointed I love Northern California, well let's be honest just the Bay Area and San Francisco to be specific, so I'm not to sad that if I had to choose to live somewhere that wasn't Orange County it would definitely be in the San Francisco Area. [But if I really could live anywhere it would be New York ;)] I'm excited for June to come so that I can have my baby, celebrate my 24th birthday and because after spending almost 6 years in school between undergrad and my semester of law school, for the first time I get to start working at a career style job. Don't get me wrong, I loved working as a server in San Francisco I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. I also loved working the other jobs that I did and greatly appreciate the job experience that I had in Salt Lake as an executive assistant, but that still was just a job, something that I did while going to college. I'm excited to get into a career, even if it's not my permanent career choice. I will still have the satisfaction of using one of my degrees or both of them and making a salary for the first time in my life :) Plus after living like a college student I'm going to enjoy having some money to do the things that I want to do.

Anyways, enough about me let's talk about the real star in my life right now, my baby girl. I've officially entered into the 3rd Trimester (does a happy dance)! I entered into the 27th week last Wednesday and now it's just a waiting game into 40 weeks, maybe sooner if baby decides she's ready to come early. I am so in love with my little girl, I wish I could see her pretty little face again but I think I'm just going to have to wait till she's here. Everyday I find myself looking at her little baby clothes and being so excited to be able to put her into her first pieces of clothing. I can't wait to see if she looks like a perfect mix of both Derek and I, or maybe more like me or more like him, the suspense is killing me. I still have yet to gain any weight except for maybe like a pound or so, and it's not from a lack of eating, my doctor only wanted me to gain about 15 lbs so I guess I'm saving them all for the splurge at the end, without really trying.

I don't have any new pictures to post. I was going to take pictures of the clothes I have so far but I am pretty lazy right now. This lazyness is not good because my belly book is suffering. I bought a belly book journal when we first found out we were pregnant and it's amazing to document everything in there, well for every week they have a spot for a belly picture and I was pretty good through the 1st trimester and most of the 2nd but I have not taken a belly picture in so long and I need to start again because my belly is pretty big now.

Ummm let's see. Well one of my bestest friends, Magaly, and Debbie are throwing me a baby shower. I am really excited Magaly is amazing, she was also my Maid of Honor. The shower is going to be for some close friends and then my mom and my uncle's girlfriend are throwing me a family baby shower. I'm excited to be able to go back home for this so everyone can see me again before I have the baby. My daddy is going to buy the car seat for us, I'm so excited because it's my dream car seat :)
I'm not sure if this is the design I want yet. Decisions, Decisions.

Right now I don't have much else to update on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment