Monday, August 1, 2011

New Job. New Apartment. New City.

There have been a ton of new stuff going on and it's been pretty hectic up until now.

A couple of weeks ago, while we were still living in Chico, I applied to some jobs in the Sacramento area and one of the places I applied to was BJ's in Folsom and they hired me. I applied as a server but they told me I didn't have enough experience (which I think is ridiculous) so they hired me on as a host.

So 2 weeks ago Derek and I came down to Sacramento, we found an apartment close to my work and close to the community college he's going to be attending. Even though his school is in Folsom and so is my job we decided to live in Orangevale because the rent is a lot cheaper. I really like the apartment complex.

Last week we went down to Southern California to pick up our stuff from storage and to see my family. We were only down there for a day which sadly meant I didn't get to spend as much time with my family as I wanted. It was great to see Alexis spend time with her grandparents and her uncles :)

BJ's is my favorite restaurant and I really like working there, the people are really nice and I miss working at a restaurant but going back to being a host after being a server is very disappointing. So I'm trying to look for another job. I was trying to find a career style job but there aren't any openings right now in my field so I'm hoping to find a server job while I try to find a career style job.

Orangevale is a nice area but I still don't particularly like Sacramento, being this close to San Francisco makes me nostalgic, living in Orangevale definietly does not compare. We probably won't be staying here for more than a year and a half at the most. We're planning on moving back to Southern California, Orange County or maybe Santa Barbara.

Alexis will be 12 weeks next Saturday. It's so crazy to think about how quickly she's been growing and how she's changed over these last couple of weeks. Every day she gets more and more beautiful and every day I see more and more of myself in her. Going through our stuff we had in storage I found pictures of me as a baby and she looks just like me it's crazy, except she of course is even more beautiful. Having a little miniature you is such a great experience. I can't wait for her to get older I have so many amazing plans for her :)

So many pregnant women have been coming into work lately and it makes me want to be pregnant again. I miss my belly bump. I loved being pregnant. But Derek and I need to get some things together before we decide to have a second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment