Monday, January 21, 2013

The Terrible Twos!

Yes, the terrible twos have arrived early! The last 2 weeks or so Alexis has been a little terror. She has to be in my arms or near me, if I put here on the ground and she is near enough to touch me she is fine but the second I move away from her she freaks out and starts whining/crying. We have had to put her in time out a couple of times. I also had to spank her for the first time this week :( I did it just hard enough for her to understand that it's because she is not behaving, but I definitely don't like doing it.

One thing that may also be contributing to her being a little whiny is that we finally weaned her off her paci, she's been without it for a week now. I am so glad we finally did it :) I was really mad at myself for not sticking to my guns about taking it away once she started walking. I've always hated when I see little kids who can walk, walking around with pacis. But Alexis only used it to sleep and maybe every once in a blue moon when she would freak out, so she never really just walked around with it. I am just glad that she can go to sleep now without needing the paci and we will never have to worry about it again!

Lexi has been a little dancing machine! She shakes her shoulders to the music. I have been trying to get her on video but she won't let me :( I'll have to candid catch her one of these days. She has some pretty sweet moves ;)

I have tooth chart for Lexi and it is almost all filled up and ready to frame. She is only missing 4 teeth, but apparently those come in at like 20 to 24 months. She is so cute with all her little teeth.

We have pretty much just been working a lot. I don't remember if I mentioned this in my last blog, but two of my brothers, Manuel and Alex moved out to Utah. They were both having a hard time finding a job, California just really sucks right now, and the community college they were wanting to go to is super impacted. Here in Utah literally everyone is hiring and at the community college here you can do your whole AA online. So they moved out here 2 weeks ago and within the first week already had jobs. Granted the jobs are not anything spectacular it is better than nothing. My brother Alex who graduated high school this year is working at McDonald's and my brother Manuel is working at Walmart. They are both looking for 2 jobs to work as much as possible and save up to go to start school in the summer. They are liking it out here despite not being used to the cold.

I am planning a trip home at the end of February, my brothers want to go back home and see their friends and I would love to see mine too since I didn't get to see them for Christmas when I was down there.

I thought I had more to say and usually I would since it's been 2 weeks since I posted but we have just been running around taking my brothers to their interviews and all that stuff.

I guess I could say that I am pretty upset about Green Bay losing to the 49ers. Should have never happened. I do hope the Ravens beat them :)

Well that is all. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment