Friday, December 3, 2010

Just Some Thoughts

I've been meaning to write a post and just got a chance. I had my last day of classes on Wednesday and now it's all studying and reviewing for the finals coming up the next 2 weeks. My last final is on the 16th and after that I get a whole month off; I'm so looking forward to just sleeping. There are a couple of things that have been on my mind lately so I'm just going to rant.

Baby:
Our baby is now at 13 weeks which means I'm officially into the 2nd Trimester. The 2nd trimester is supposed to be the best part of the pregnancy, when the fatigue, morning sickness, and all of the hormones calm down, so I'm hoping it'll kick in asap. We got the chance to do an ultrasound last week and we got to see the baby again, this time it looked like a baby and "little noodle" was moving around like crazy, moving its arms around like crazy and bouncing up and down on its back, I had to keep myself from crying, I was just so happy to finally see the baby looking like a baby.

Well technically I got to see the baby 2 weeks before at my last appointment and it already pretty much looked like a baby and I got to see the baby kick, but this time it was even better especially since Derek was at this one.

Cravings:
So, one of the things that I was looking forward to ridiculously was having some crazy cravings during my pregnancy. I know it's only been 13 weeks but I don't really feel like I've had any legit cravings; and it's kind of bummed me out. I do seem to have one very strong craving for Gatorade Fierce Grape, it's my drink of choice aside from water. When it comes to food though I haven't gotten any out of the ordinary cravings. I hope they start kicking in.

I do however seem to have "cravings" for other things that aren't food. I am really wanting to go out dancing, I love dancing and I haven't danced since my wedding, so over a year ago. I find myself having mini-dance parties in my room or in the shower lol, yes my shower is big enough for a single person dance party. So I'm trying to get all my girls together to go out dancing in the next couple of weeks so I can get that out of my system before I get too big to even think about going out to a dance club.

Some Pregnancy Complaints:
I love being pregnant, don't get me wrong, however there are a few things that are pretty annoying. I've never had heartburn before and having it all the time now is so annoying and weird, it makes my chest hurt :(

Also TMI, but having lots of gas sucks. I'm not use to having hardly any gas but now it's like times a million. Gross and uncomfortable.

In terms of weight gain, I didn't gain any weight for the first 12 weeks and over the last 4 days I gained 4 pounds and then lost 2 so I've gained 2 pounds so far. I'm a little bummed out because I was trying to not gain any weight till the third trimester, but the fact that during the 2nd trimester the digestive system slows down, I'm going to have to really watch what I'm eating even more. Aside from all that my weight has all shifted to my stomach and it's really uncomfortable and I feel so fat, I just want to look obviously pregnant already.

Miscellaneous
I've been feeling really restless lately. All I ever do is go to class and come home and do homework/study. Derek and I sometimes go out, definitely not as much as we use to but It feels like we never have anything going on.

I haven't taken a vacation in forever it feels like. I love airports. I love flying. I haven't been on a plane in just over a year, since our honeymoon and I miss it very much.

I really want to take a babymoon in March during Spring Break but with everything going on I don't know if we'll be able to. Either way I really want to take a vacation after the baby is born, in June for my birthday or sometime during the summer. I've been wanting to go back to Hawaii, but this time Maui or to New York, I haven't been back there since my 20th birthday. I would also love to go back to Europe or Puerto Rico, but what I really want is to go on a cruise, i haven't done that yet and it would be fun to go on a caribbean cruise or maybe one down to Mexico. I just want to take a much needed vacation.

That's all I have to rant about for now :)

12 Week Ultrasound of Lil Noodle

No comments:

Post a Comment