Friday, September 7, 2012

What's New?


So we have been so busy with work and sleep lol that I just realized today that I really need to blog. I was going to wait till tomorrow or Sunday but I won't be going to bed for another 20 minutes so I figured I would do it now. There is a ton I need to update on.

Work: I have been working a lot and picking up extra hours almost everyday, which is exhausting, but totally worth it. I go in at 6am and usually don't leave till 4pm. I have been thinking about putting in a schedule change request to work 4 ten hour days but there are a ton of extra hours that it would be harder to pick up hours if I was already working 10 hour days, that would probably be mentally impossible lol. Well, a workforce coordinator position opened up at work and I submitted my application. It's more towards what I want to move into like HR and all that so I have an interview for it on Monday :) I am excited and really hope I get it!

Fitness: I have started working out at the gym at work. I started working out at home on the bike, but being able to work out at the gym has been amazing. I usually pick up an hour or 2 and work out for an hour afterwards. I missed working out so I love it! I have been trying to be good with what I'm eating too :)

Alexis: My little Lexi is fabulous :) She is getting so big. She apparently is walking at daycare all the time. At home she will do it sometimes but it's like she doesn't like doing it; She can but just won't do it. She stands there and squats and stands back up but when it comes to walking she will just kneel and crawl.

Alexis had her first dentist appointment this past Wednesday! I made an appointment at My Kids Dentist, they are the cutest place ever. They are decorated with tons of kid stuff and is just super cute. The dentist was super nice. They cleaned Alexis teeth and he just talked to use about what she should and shouldn't be eating, which we already don't give her sweets or any of that. After the appointment they gave Alexis a free electric toothbrush lol which is like this Cinderella toothbrush for like 3 year olds and up; So she definitely won't be using it anytime soon. They also gave Alexis this cute little shirt, it's too big for her right now, it's cute though. This is the toothbrush Alexis is using right now :)

The toothpaste we had bought for Alexis was Fluoride free but the dentist told us we should buy some with fluoride. Alexis doesn't have to go back to see him till she's 2 1/2 so that's nice :)

At daycare, Alexis was supposed to be moved up to the next room but they put her in there one day and told us they were moving her but then they didn't. Well they told me yesterday that they will be sending us a letter letting us know that she is being moved to the next room on Tuesday :) One of the other girls is also moving up to the next room with her. They said Alexis did amazing in the other room with the older kids, so I am really excited for her. I know she'll love being outside more and will love playing with all the bigger and better toys they have in there.

Alexis is showing off her little personality more and more everyday. She does the cutest things. Sometimes when I talk, I move my hands around a lot and she will mimic me and wave her hands around. She laughs so much, like rolling giggles and I love it.

Oh ya, we bought some Piggy Paint and Alexis loves it. It came in pink and like a turquoise/teal color. Alexis wanted to try pink first, I did have to wait to paint her toenails till she went down for a nap ;) she loves it. She plays with her feet and just stares. She looks so girly with her toes painted, I love it!

Our Trip: One week from tomorrow is our trip to Southern California. I am so very excited to have 10 days off. Yay for paid time off! I will be sure to post about our trip once we get back. I probably will not be posting this next week or during our vacay :)

That is all for now :) Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment