Thursday, November 15, 2012

Random


It has been a long week and I still have 2 days to go till my weekend; It's ok though because tomorrow Derek and I get to have a date night :)

At work we have a Fall Film Festival, I think they also have one in either Spring or Summer. So what they do is they rent out some of the theater rooms within a theater only for us and we get a certain amount of tickets and we can choose which movies we want to go to. The three movies they were doing were Wreck it Ralph, Breaking Dawn, and The Hobbit. I got 4 tickets and picked 2 for Breaking Dawn and 2 for The Hobbit. We get the tickets, a gift card to buy snacks and free popcorn :) The Breaking Dawn showings are for today, tomorrow, and Saturday; I should have gone today but I wanted to go Friday since it is closer to my weekend, lately I don't go out anywhere late since I have to wake up at 4:30am in the morning for work. The Hobbit doesn't come out till December, but I'm excited for that too. I am excited to see Breaking Dawn but at the same time I thought the book sucked so mostly it's just because I've committed so much time reading the books and watching the movies that I am excited. The other cool thing is that I got 2 extra tickets for Breaking Dawn because I submitted some pictures on our work instagram page :) Derek invited his coworker and his wife to come with us. I haven't been on a double date forever so that's kind of weird lol

On another note, I can't believe Alexis is 1 1/2! Alexis has her 18 month appt with her pedi this month. We have been to her doctor twice since her last visit because she got sick so her weight won't be a real surprise, because they did weigh her both times we went in. I am excited to find out how she is doing with everything else, developmentally. Now that Alexis is 1 year and 6 months I am starting to get ideas for her 2nd birthday lol I know Derek looked at me like I was crazy, which I probably am, but I am just so excited to plan her 2nd birthday. Plus this time we will hopefully be in our home and hopefully have a big enough backyard to be able to have it there :)

I am sooooooooo looking forward to the end of the month! We are going to finish up our Christmas shopping, for the most part. We bought Alexis her activity cube already, it was on sale at Target and we were going to get it for her anyway so it made sense. I ordered Alexis her stocking, one that she will have for years to come. I also ordered Alexis an ornament and a doll for her stocking. Pottery Barn had the stocking on sale and I won a $50 gift card at work because my team won the October challenge :) so I used that to get her stuff. I got Alexis the cutest ballerina stocking, it is huge! I thought it would be smaller but it is seriously huge. To go with her stocking I got Alexis a ballerina doll to put in her stocking. As you can see there is a ballerina theme here ;) We are putting Alexis in mommy and me baby ballet classes through SLC ballet for the Spring. I also got Alexis her ornament for this year, it's a glittery block ornament to signify the end of her baby years. I want to have a tradition of buying a new ornament every year for something new that has happened within the year :)

Excited for Breaking Dawn, Thanksgiving, and Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment