Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reminiscing

One of my guilty pleasures is countdowns. I love all kinds of countdowns, especially the ones on VH1, they always have video, artist, and movie countdowns. I especially love the music countdowns because it reminds me of songs that I use to love when I was in middle school, high school and college. Music now mostly makes me want to shot myself because truthfully a lot of it is crap and has no lyrical genius; there are still some gems out there but they are few and far between.

Anyway, I love being reminded of all of these songs that I used to listen to. Well in the process of listening to these it reminded me of all the fun "concerts" I used to have in my car with Josh/Freddy/Larissa. It also reminded me of all the fun I had going to clubs with my friends (which I totally miss and must do soon).

As much as I miss all of these things and tons of other things, I definitely would never change my decision to become a mom when I did and how I did. It's nice to know that I don't have any regrets about not having enjoyed my independence and being young before getting married and becoming a mom. I feel like so many girls now get pregnant that never enjoyed being on their own and getting to experience being a single adult and getting that out of their system and a lot of the time they end up regretting it after they've already made the decision to "play house".

I guess what I'm trying to say out of all this randomness is that I'm glad I have things to look back on and cherish that I experienced in my life and I hope that others think about this before jumping into things that they can't change because it's important. Which is why I try so hard to encourage people (like my younger brothers) to go to college and experience that fun college life and get that out of their system and build memories with friends before settling down.

I'll have a lot of fun stories and pictures to show Alexis of all the stuff her mom did and I'm sure that will come in handy if we ever have the conversation of "you don't know what it's like to be young".

No comments:

Post a Comment