Monday, March 26, 2012

Alexis' First Trip To The Park As Well As Some Other Randomness...

Today Derek and I decided to take Alexis to the park and put her on her first "real" swing. Alexis really loved being on the swing, it was a little cold but we had her all bundled up :) I also went down the slide with Alexis and she seemed to really enjoy it.


My mom and my little brother "baby" came with us and we all had a good time. Afterwards we came back to our place and my dad came over and we picked up my other brothers and went out for lunch :) It was nice to see my dad and spend some time with him.

Alexis has been doing so many new things lately! She has been doing her pageant wave a lot and is shaking her head no, which is probably the cutest thing ever! We've started to give Alexis table food and she is loving it. We did the first time a couple of days ago, we went to Cafe Rio and I gave her some the beans, rice, tortilla, and meat in my salad, she made some funny faces I'm sure because she wasn't used to the texture but after a couple of bites she was loving it! Alexis also tried some of Derek's backed potato and bread; I can tell she is loving this new food.

Now that Derek and I have moved back to Southern California we have been talking a lot more about what our plans for the near future are. We have always had a "plan" but we are trying to really get it set now. It made me think about it even more today when I was talking to my dad and he reminded me that Derek and I should be trying to get into a house, in this down housing market, and of course I agree and that's one of the things that we are wanting to do within the next 2 years, especially now that I am at a career style job. Derek and I want to pay off our debts (all except for my school loans of course those will take some time) and start saving for a down payment and hopefully in the next year and a half we can get into a home. Derek is going to start going back to school either in the summer or fall and hopefully he can finish his AA in a year maybe a year and a half and then transfer to a university and finish his degree; He's looking into getting a BA in HR. I'm going to be working and once Derek is done with school I plan on going back to get my Masters in Clinical Psychology, while I continue to work as a behavior therapist.

There are 49 more days till Alexis' birthday!!!

P.S. One of my best friends is pregnant and she just found out she is having a girl! I am so excited Alexis is going to have a little cousin in July and a playmate in August, granted Alexis will be a year older but once they get older she'll be able to play with them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment