Friday, April 6, 2012

1st Birthday Party Theme Change?

I hit 10,000 post readings! (I'm sure there is a better way to form that sentence.) I actually went 60 over that :) I'm psyched that people enjoy reading my blog because I love writing. On that same point I just realized I've been posting a lot lately. But I'm not complaining :)

So today we went to the beach with Alexis and OMG she loved it!!!! She looked amazing in her little bathing suit and she loved being at the beach. On the way back home I was thinking that maybe we should change our party theme from zoo to beach party. Which is conflicting for me because I pretty much wanted the zoo theme for her birthday before she was even born. Plus the birthday dress i wanted to get is sooooo cute and the cake and the invitations, gah!!! But I feel like the beach would be more fun for her and for everyone else coming to. So I think I have decided to change the theme. I was doing some research and it looks like beach invitations aren't very popular I didn't find any that I thought were amazingly cute, but I have found one that is ok so I think we may go with that. Here is a pic:


Also I'm thinking since we will be at the beach, instead of having a tutu birthday dress thing we could buy her a new bathing suit, because I'm sure the one she has now won't fit her and I'll take any excuse to buy a new one ;) Also the more I think about the more I love the idea of getting her some cute little sunglasses and beach sandals. I found this cute bathing suit on Gymboree's website and I love it. It's super pink, which is ok I just like having Alexis in other colors too, too much pink is not my friend. Here is a picture of it:


I love the giraffe print, still kind of zoo themed lol. As you can tell I'm having a hard time letting go of the zoo theme. I mean seriously scroll a couple post down and look at the cuteness of that dress and invitation and you'll understand why it's so hard to let go of the zoo theme :(((

But I have to be strong :) I looked up some cakes. Some of them are too tacky beach themed so I want to make sure I find something beach-y but not over the top. I don't have any specific pictures of potential cakes, yet. We at first thought we could have a grill and have a barbecue on the beach but not all beaches allow you to do that and it would be a pain trying to have cake and open presents on the sand. So Derek and I are going to take a day trip before her birthday and find a local pizza restaurant where we can have her birthday dinner but keep it cheap.

Well that's it for now. Today was an amazing day. Here's a picture of my beauty at the beach :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. are you sure you want to give up the zoo theme! I mean you had it in your head from before she was born. ONE HAPPENS ONCE....the beach will be there for year 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol now that you say that you make me want to change my mind! I'm supposed to buy the invitations this Friday so I definitely have to make up my mind by Friday. I just feel like right now she may not appreciate the zoo as much as she will if she was a little bit older. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete