Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


I had to work today, had one session in Irvine. The session wasn't so bad and it was from 10:30 till 1:30 so I got home and spent time with Alexis and made some dinner with my mom and we all ate and are now just hanging out and watching tv :)

Derek is out of state so we aren't able to celebrate Mother's Day like we should, but I got a sweet message from him this morning :) and I can't wait to see him this Friday!

I've been a mom for almost a whole year, it'll be a year tomorrow actually, and I've loved every minute of it. I always knew that I would be a great mom. I've felt like a mom to my little brothers, especially baby, and I knew that it was going to make me an even better mom when I finally got to that point in my life, and that's exactly what happened :)

Alexis loves me and the look in her eyes when shes laying on me or when I just get home from work, tells me everything I need to know about what a great mom I am. I think it's funny that Alexis' birthday is the day after Mother's Day this year. I was born on Father's Day and was my dad's gift :) It would have been cute if she had been born on Mother's Day too, except not really because she should have been a June baby.

I had felt really stressed out for the last weeks about a ton of different things happening. One of them was planning Alexis' birthday, but now that that is all done It has helped calm my stress. I only need to worry about cake plates, napkins and balloons.

I spent yesterday morning booking flights. I booked a flight out of LA to Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Salt Lake. I also booked a ticket for Holly from Reno to Salt Lake. I am so relieved to have them out of the way another stress lifted off my shoulders.

This week is going to be an exciting week. My dad wants to take all of us out to dinner tomorrow night, not sure why, maybe because it's Alexis' birthday tomorrow :) Then Saturday we have her birthday party! Derek will be coming in on Friday night and I'm so excited to see him! I don't have much planned for tomorrow, since the celebration for Alexis' birthday will be on Saturday. I'm thinking of taking her to the park if it's a nice day or maybe walk around the mall after or before dinner. She definitely won't be having cake tomorrow, we are saving that for Saturday.

Can you tell I'm excited for her birthday? lol.

Well I just wanted to share that. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment